What's in the Box
- M1 V6.1 case (non-ODD slot version)
- Side fan bracket
- SFX PSU bracket
- ATX PSU bracket
- Optical disc drive bracket
- 3.5" HDD brackets (1 set)
- 2.5" HDD stacking brackets (2 sets)
- GPU support bracket
- Bottom and side magnetic dust filters
- Standard front I/O ports & faceplate
- Blank front I/O faceplate
- Internal AC power cable (right angle)
- 120mm fan grilles (2)
- Screws and rubber drive mounting grommets
- Each shipping date has a limited, preset number of cases available.
- Only the product options shown at the time of order are available. We cannot customize orders.
- Items in the cart are not reserved, so they may go out of stock while checking out.
- Please ensure your shipping address is complete and accurate. Notify of us of any corrections as soon as possible.
- You will be charged immediately upon completing the checkout process.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you after submitting your order. Check your spam folder if you don't see it. Hotmail/MSN/Outlook users: please add ncases.com to your safe senders list or emails may not get through.
- Order changes, address corrections, and cancellation requests must be submitted by the Sunday before the shipping date. We cannot make any changes once your order has shipped.
- Cancellations requested by the customer are subject to a 4% payment processing fee. If we need to cancel an order for some other reason, we will refund the full amount.
- Refunds are made to the original payment method, and usually take 5-10 business days to process.
- Refunds can not be reversed. If you cancel and later change your mind, you will need to place a new order.
- All items are prepackaged for individual shipping. We cannot combine shipping for multiple items.
- The shipping times we provide are only an estimate; actual shipping times may vary, and are subject to customs processing or other delays.
- Tracking numbers are provided to us by Taiwan Post within a few days of shipping. We will update your order with the tracking number once we have it (usually by the end of your shipping week).
- Tracking may show "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" or similar for an extended period of time. This is normal, as Taiwan Post does not update tracking to indicate the item has been shipped. Tracking should resume updating once the package has reached the destination country and been processed through customs.
- Any import fees/taxes/VAT owed are the responsibility of the recipient. Typically, the courier will notify you of any fees due. US customers do not have to pay any import fees.
- A signature is required for delivery. Please be sure that someone is available to receive and sign for the package, or else make arrangements with the courier to pick it up at their office.
- Please note we are unable to change the address or redirect shipments once they have shipped (TWPS does not offer this service for international shipments).
- If delivery fails for any reason and the package returned to Taiwan, we may ask you to pay all or part of the shipping cost to have it reshipped. If instead a refund is requested, we may elect to refund the amount less all or part of the original shipping cost plus the 4% payment processing fee.
M1: The original crowdsourced computer enclosure.
The M1 started with a simple idea: motivated by the shortcomings of the enclosures that had come before, it set forth to be better in form and function. From the overall aesthetic design, down to the smallest detail, every facet was subject to the scrutiny and feedback of hobbyists, DIY'ers, and average users alike. The outcome of that effort? A 12.7L enclosure that sets itself apart with a unique combination of capability and flexibility, in a deceptively small and appealingly understated package.
A handsome desktop you can actually put on your desk.
With its sleek, subtly-faceted brushed aluminum front panel, the M1 presents a refined, minimalist face to the world. An angular, arched cutout exposes the front USB and audio combo port, flanking the central power button, whose dual-color LED glows crisply – but not overly bright – when powered. Side and top panels are perforated with symmetrical ventilation areas, ensuring both visual harmony and proper system airflow. And fully toolless exterior panels allow easy access to the interior, while keeping the clean, smooth surfaces free of the visual clutter of screws or fasteners.
The biggest limitation is your imagination.
Designed for mini-ITX motherboards, the M1 nevertheless sports features shared by much larger enclosures. Full-length dual and triple-slot video cards can be installed with ease via large openings in the chassis. Top-down CPU coolers with 120mm or 140mm fans can be used in the M1, up to 130mm in height. All-in-one coolers with 120mm or even 240mm radiators can also be mounted internally. And – for the truly hardcore – the M1 allows for custom water cooling loops using a slim 240mm radiator, providing greatly reduced noise or additional overclocking headroom. Never before has this level of capability been possible in a enclosure of this size. High performance, low noise, and small size is no longer a "choose two" proposition.
Idealistic design. Everyday practicality.
Coming in at a svelte 12.7 liters in volume, the all-aluminum chassis has the proportions and features of much larger enclosures. Appearing as a conventional tower enclosure on a much reduced scale, the M1 enjoys a footprint that's substantially smaller than many cube-style small form factor enclosures. And, through its use of 1.5mm high-grade aluminum, its compactness and weightlessness don't come at the expense of rigidity, making the M1 easy to travel with or pack into a carry-on.
What reviewers are saying about the M1
Real quotes from real enthusiasts
Linus Tech Tips
The M1 is a stunningly strong first entry from a new manufacturer, and delivers exactly what it promises with a thoughtful internal layout that wastes no space
I personally love what they've done with the size, the design, the internal flexibility at this size, and it's clear that functionality has been prioritized
The NCASE M1 is the perfect high-end small form factor chassis, and I am sure other brands will take notice
Silent PC Review
It's absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly compact considering the components it supports
The NCASE M1 is a beautifully simple enclosure that accomplishes the goal of creating a fantastic mini-ITX solution
Excluding feet/protrusions: 328mm x 160.6mm x 241.7mm
Including protrusions: 338mm x 160.6mm x 255.5mm
307mm x 157mm x 237mm
400mm x 305mm x 220mm
Exterior: brushed anodized aluminum, 1.5mm front and sides, 2mm top panel
Interior frame: 1.5mm matte black painted aluminum
Interior fan bracket and vented undercarriage: 1.2mm black steel
- Maximum height: 130mm with side fan bracket installed, 135mm without
- CPU Heatsinks must not extend past the top edge of the motherboard by more than 10mm.
- CPU Heatsinks that extend beyond the front edge of the motherboard may interfere with the 3.5" HDD cage and/or power supply (in the default right-side mounting location).
- Maximum length:
- 322mm (cards up to 45mm (2.2 slots) thick)
- 280mm (cards up to 60mm (3 slots) thick)
- 290mm (cards up to 60mm (3 slots) thick with front I/O ports removed)
- Maximum height (AKA width):
- 140mm at mid-card
- 130mm (first 5mm at back corner)
- 125mm (portion of card over 280mm long)
- Please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors
- Bottom fan support:
- 25mm thick fans: 2 slot (42mm) cards only
- 15mm thick fans: up to 2.5 slot (50mm) cards
- GPU support bracket:
- 2 to 2.5 slot (42mm-50mm) cards only
- Also see M1 GPU Compatibility List
Optical Disc Drive Support(requires optional top panel with ODD slot)
- ODD bracket supports slim slot-loading optical drives in 9.5mm or 12.7mm sizes
- Alternatively, bracket may be used for a single 2.5" drive (up to 14mm thick)
2x 3.5" HDDs supported via removable brackets attached to the fan bracket (uses up one side 120mm fan location)
- Alternatively, brackets can support 3x 2.5" drives (up to 15.5mm thick)
1x 2.5" drive mount on inside-front of chassis (any thickness); also supports mounting of the HDD brackets in 3x 2.5" drive configuration in place of a single 2.5" drive
- Side (fan bracket): 2x 120mm
- Bottom: 2x 120mm
- Rear: 1x 92mm
- 1x 240 radiator or up to 2x 120 radiators are supported on the side fan bracket
- Radiators less than 35mm thick are recommended
- 1x 240 or 2x 120 radiators precludes use of the HDD brackets attached to the fan bracket
Frequently Asked Questions
When cases are in stock, you may order directly from this website. At times when we have no inventory available, we may instead offer pre-orders for the next production run.
Orders are usually shipped in batches weekly, with exception to holidays. Typically, order made between Monday to Saturday are shipped the following week between Wednesday to Friday.
Items are restocked after production runs. The period between production runs varies based on demand, but is typically one production run every 3 months.
The M1 comes with the following: screws for drive and fan mounting, rubber softmounts for drive mounting, 3.5"/2.5" HDD brackets (1 set), 2.5" drive stacking brackets (2 sets), slim optical drive tray, SFX PSU bracket, front USB/audio ports and power switch, internal AC power cable, magnetic filters for the side and bottom, 2x steel fan grilles. No fans or paper manual are included.
Yes. The only difference is the top panel, which may be easily swapped out. All versions include the ODD tray as standard.
Panels up to V5 are cross-compatible with all all other versions. Panels from V6 are backward-compatible, but older panels will not work with the V6 chassis.
The side, top, and front panels require no tools to remove. Using your fingertips, simply pull them away from the case by the edges.
Please see the compatibility section for size restrictions and links to more information.
One of the primary design goals of the M1 was to be able to house, power, and cool high performance components, while being as small as reasonably possible. Mini-ITX is the smallest motherboard form-factor capable of supporting such a build, and is actually considerably smaller than mATX. In particular, the short length of mini-ITX is what allows the front-mounted power supply, and by extension, the side-mounted dual radiator. Keeping the same layout with mATX would result in a a significantly larger case.